Monday, March 8, 2010

Twilight Series - 2 out of 4

I cannot believe I finished 2 of Stephenie Meyer's books in the Twilight series. Am I digressing or in plain need of entertainment?

Twilight was not so bad as a start. Young love is just so romantic. Although I believe Meyer went over the top with his description of Edward. I don't wonder why girls are swooning and dreaming of becoming Bella. This really was a good start to this fantasy romance series. Upon completion of the first book, I was like 16 again and could not wait to read the second book.

New Moon was a downer - it got me bored. I know this is fiction but it is just too unrealistic. I could not find any redeeming factor to this book. Teen-age rebellion, mistaking feelings for love, endangering oneself in the name of love, just how pathetic can one get?

So, halfway through the series (2 out of 4) I decided to stop. I am not expecting anything new in book 3 - Eclipse. Edward still does not want Bella to become vampire. A conflict in the middle then Edward and Bella together again in the end.

So, what is there to be excited about?

2 comments:

  1. Hi emarene... i've finished reading all four book and I must say, the story isn't that bad, save for some over the top descriptions and some things that I didn't like with the breaking dawn.

    I would like to see the second movie though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kreez,
    I know you are one big fan of this series. A lot of people do and I just might borrow the DVD of the first movie (if my son will let me). He cannot believe I read the book(s)!
    I'm pretty sure you are excited for the next movie.

    ReplyDelete