Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Julie and Julia

Government employee by day, a blogger by night - that is Julie. Bored housewife turned kitchen queen – that is Julia. Julie and Julia is based on 2 true stories of women during different times.

I have never heard of Julia Child until this movie as I have always thought the kitchen belonged to Martha Stewart. But in 1961, Child introduced French cuisine to the American people via her cookbook and TV show.

Forward to 2002. Julie Powell was the aspiring writer who challenged herself to cook all of Child's recipes in a year and documenting the experience in a blog.

I found the movie interesting and I truly enjoyed. First, writer-director Nora Ephron did a good job of intertwining the lives of Julie and Julia although in real life they never met. Second, Merryl Streep is Julia Child and Amy Adams is Julie Powell - both fine actors who did justice to their roles. Third and most important, I am a government employee who blogs (although I don't cook much).

Nevertheless, this movie I really can relate.

1 comment:

  1. As a blogger (naks!), I love this movie too! I am a frustrated cook, having lost my sense of smell. I love Amy Adams here.

    ReplyDelete