Thursday, February 5, 2009

Organizing 101 ( Part 1 of 2)

I just finished organizing my crafting supplies, and I am happy with the results. Here's Part 1 of my organizing project.



Planning
What area do I really want to organize? If you are like me – there are several, but I can only tackle one area at a time. My crafting supplies became first priority in preparation for the card making activities I have planned for this year. Choose your priority area and have a good reason why you want it organized. Your reason will keep you motivated.



Strategy
Do I have a budget? How much time can I allocate for this activity?
My strategy was to organize at the least cost or none at all. I also decided to set aside one weekend morning for this activity.



Pre-Organizing Activity
Since I wanted to organize at no cost, I was on the look-out for available things I can use. Luckily, I found empty boxes from the office just right for my need. I gathered these boxes everytime I found them in empty. Bringing them home was no bother as I can fold and unfold them easily.
Soon, I had enough boxes but, I wanted my boxes to look nice. Again, the mantra was organizing without spending. I looked for unused wrapping paper at home not caring if they are for Christmas, christening, birthday wrappers. Started wrapping the top part of the boxes whenever I had time.



Top : Part of my mess
Bottom : Boxes and wrapping paper


Over to you :
  • What is your priority area to organize?
  • How much are you willing to spend ( money and time) ?

Next : Part 2 - The Organizing Day


4 comments:

  1. Why don't you come and help me do mine? I will feed you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mess I have here at home. All I need is time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! you never run out of ideas, artistic talent and patience... I bet you will never be bored when you get to your retirement age! I want to be around you when that time comes!

    T of T

    ReplyDelete