Friday, July 13, 2018

Art Gallery of Ontario: Mitchell/Riopelle

Art Gallery of Ontario
April 18, 2018
Exhibit : Michelle/Riopelle: Nothing in Moderation

Wednesdays from 6 to 9 pm, the AGO offers free admission. It is not the best of circumstances since it is usually the time when the AGO is packed and 3 hours is really not enough. But I do it whenever I am available.

On this Wednesday, I just focused on the special exhibit at the time titled Mitchell/Riopelle : Nothing in Moderation. It showcased the works of American Joan Mitchell and Canadian Jean Paul Riopelle. It was a different experience as I am not much into abstract paintings. I did realize however after looking at more than 50 of their works that abstract painting is best viewed alone and you can interpret the art the way you want it to be. It is said - abstract art can be described as child's play. But in reality it is not. With every piece you have to let them "speak" to you. Abstract art has no right or wrong interpretation. It is all between the artist and the viewer.

Some of the photos I took in between my trying to understand abstract.







Art has a voice - let it speak. ~ Rochelle Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment