Monday, August 14, 2017

Ottawa : June 3 & 4

My posts are all over the place. With that I mean, it is not following chronological order of where I have been or what I have been busy with. Blame it on summer. This short season of sun, afternoon strolls and road trips makes the blogging and recording part a tad tiring. But a must do if this a journal I will be reading years later.
Moving along...I wrote a few posts (mostly photos) of that short Ottawa trip taken last June 3-4 but I feel I have to add just 2 more posts.
Hubby and I traveled to Ottawa on the night of June 2nd  planning to sleep over in Kingston but changed our mind and decided to go straight to Ottawa. Called hotel along the way and booked an additional night. It proved to be a good decision as we were able to have an early start the next day.

Where we stayed : Ottawa Business Inn
Places we were : Chinatown. Byward Market. National Art Gallery of Canada.


Murals at Chinatown.





Where We Ate : Had the customary tea and coffee at Planet Coffee, Claredon Lanes. Enjoyed our drinks and sweets at the patio where an exhibit of the works of Indigenous Artists were on display.  Dinner was at the Ginza Ramen and Sushi Bar at Mclaren. I swore by the deliciousness of the ramen. Add in fast service and affordable prices and I am hooked. A must visit again place if ever I will be Ottawa. On our last day, lunch was at The Earl of Sussex, before heading back home.



Lunch at The Fish Market Restaurant at Byward Market.


Some of the exhibited works from the indigenous Art Collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment