Wednesday, January 11, 2017

January Halfway Through (Pickering and Peterborough)

What's up with my first few days of January?

The usual putting away Christmas decorations and telling myself I will not decorate next year. Much as I enjoyed putting them up and the "Christmassy" feeling every time I am home - putting them away is a major chore. One day is not enough.

Taking time to visit a favorite place - the Frenchman's Wharf and Marina in Pickering, Ontario. With ice clinging to the tree roots and sun just setting, it is "The Song of Fire and Ice".
Weekend driving to Peterborough, Ontario.  Photo below shows the Trent Canal used as skating and hockey rink. Massive building at the background is the Peterborough Lift Lock #21.

Not bad for the first few days of 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment