Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Amazon's 100 Books to Read in a Lifetime

hi Mils,

I just saw Amazon's list of 100 books to read in a lifetime. Glad to know some of the more familiar books you and I have read are in there such as "To Kill a Mockingbird". Hooray!! Other faves that made it to the list included Roald Dahl's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", "The Great Gatsby", "Where The Wild Things Are", and Kurt Vonnegut's "Slaughter House Five". Your favorite "Catcher on the Rye" made it too! Of course, the classic "The Little Prince" is there. Smiling me!!

Kind of disappointed that not one of Jeffrey Archer's books is in there. I may be biased coz i just finished reading his book "Kane and Abel", considered by many as his best. I devoured the book during my last 22 hour flight. Not complicated but very well written. And not one of George R.R. Martin's book is there. Ay, ka downer ba! Really, Amazon...you don't think any of his books deserve a place out of the 100? And to think they included Gillian Flynn's "Gone Girl". Gosh, I hate that book! I will throw out the list if they included any of Stephenie Meyer's vampire series. Dili na gyud ko!

"Valley of the Dolls" is on the list. By coincidence, I have the book which I considered reading on the trip back home. I should have. I have only seen the Hunger Games movies, but have not read the book, so can't make a comment on its inclusion to the list. There are a few others like "Catch 22" and a few of Stephen King's which I have copies also pero I have not started reading kay for sure nosebleed ang resulta.

Of course, the list does not mean anything. Not having read any of the books that does make one less of a person. Or having read 80 out of the 100 makes one above the rest. Natuwa lang ako that I have read a few of the listed books, at least feeling ko I still have a little culture and intellect in me. Hindi kasi puedeng tungkol na lang kay Rob Ford at Vhong Navarro ang palagi kung basahin ano? But on the latter, what's your take? Abangan...

No comments:

Post a Comment