Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Time Traveller's Wife

It's true. . . it was Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana's acting that made up for this movie's rather weak storyline. The movie forced me not to think too much and not to have too many questions -- or else. Forgetting logical thinking (it's science fiction!) I still enjoyed the movie although not feeling so much for lovers Henry and Clare.

The Time Traveller's Wife lost me somewhere between Bana's constant disappearance and reappearance. Rachel McAdams was in her usual sweet self, but the two girls playing the young Clare and the daughter were real scene stealers.

Over-all, I felt there was just something lacking in the movie which did not engage me at all.

I may be biased, but my standard for time travel/love story has always been Somewhere in Time.

Now you got me.


1 comment:

  1. have you watched The Lake House? Movie was made for Keanu R and Sandra B :)

    ReplyDelete