Monday, October 27, 2008

Nurse ka ba?

I've always been mistaken for a nurse. I am not, although I wish I am. I fear injections and do not even go for flu shots. I get dizzy with hospital smell, I postpone my medical appointments, and my knees get soft with the sight of blood.

During my college days I always get asked -- Nursing ka?
I graduated and started working, yet I still get that question with new acquaintances.

I came to Toronto and the more I am asked. I don't know why.
One time hubby and I were eating in a restaurant and we became friendly with another Filipino couple. After a while, the wife asked "What hospital do you work for?". Even my boss asked me if I have nursing background. There is no pattern on when I will be asked, how, where or who will pose the question. It just comes up when I least expect it.

I don't wear scrubs, I don't look rich, and don't look compassionate either.

It is weird. I must be a nurse in my previous life. I have no other answer.
Do you believe in past lives? What were you then?

4 comments:

  1. Reading this, I now remember your fear of blood. With my line of work now, blood is a common sight. Maybe the majority of Filipinos there are nurses. So that's why "Nurse ka ba?" You should hear Injing talk explaining medical things, followed with her trademark laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Au,

    Didn't know Injing knows a lot of medical terms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read your blog I imagined you as a nurse and it fits you well. There is something that emanates in you, quite strange, that make people think you are a member of the medical staff. Perhaps it's your clear complexion and pleasant looks...my opinion.

    I don't believe in previous life. One time a psychic told me that I was a princess in my previous life. People around there laughed and teased me. I wanted to strangle that limp-handed bogus in anger. Perhaps its true but yuck! why not prince Charming. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jolits,
    I really laughed out loud with your description
    "limp-handed bogus". Siguro sa Tibanga ka nagpahimalad no? Serves you right for seeing a psychic! Joke only.

    ReplyDelete