Monday, April 30, 2018

Salvador Dali Exhibit

One September day in 2017, I went to the Yorkville Village for my lunch stroll. I was surprised that the village (read mall) had a Salvador Dali inspired exhibit. I am familiar and have seen some photos of Salvador Dali's work - thus the thing excited me. Salvador Dali (1904-1989) is the surrealist painter, sculptor, filmmaker, printmaker and performing artist. He is known for his work The Persistence of Memory and uses a lot of symbolism in his work including the melting clocks, elephants, roses, butterflies,

Some of the items I saw in the free exhibit :


Lithographs of the Dali VOGUE covers from 1938 to 1944.  





Coloured Lithographs of Dali's Flordali I and Flordali II





Drawing is the honest of the art. There is no possibility of cheating. 
It is either good or bad.
~ Salvador Dali

No comments:

Post a Comment