Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Quebec - Food Tour

Try visiting 7 food places in 3 hours and you will surely not be able to recall the wine, the food nor the names of the restaurants. So if some photos are blurred or I have mixed up the French named restaurant, my apologies - it's not all because of the wine. It was just too hard to keep track.


First stop - La Buche. 
Here we had smoked salmon and Caribou. Caribou is originally wine that was mixed with caribou blood. Nowadays they have skipped the blood but it still packs a wallop. Good for those extremely cold nights.


Second stop - Tournebroche.
White wine and toast with chicken pate.
All ingredients from their farm and even from the rooftop herb and vegetable garden

I can't recall the name of this place but they sure had a large inventory of wine, liquor and beer. We paired the serving with something chicken. (I was not drunk yet!). I did learn that wine tastes different when you drink them as they are or you take a bite of food and drink the wine. They say the food makes the wine flavor come out. (Maybe the wine drinkers already know that.)


I know we had some wine and food here too - but my memory is no longer working.

Le Troquet where the buckwheat crepe was served.


We also visited a Maple syrup place where we tasted light and dark maple syrup and maple syrup pearl. Another stop was the poutine place - where I learned cheese curds are supposed to be squeaky and poutine is a cure for hangover.

I am getting the hang of this food tour I will do this again in any place I will be visiting. It sure is entertaining, informative and filling.

Quebec Food Tour
Sept 3, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment