Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Up and Down

Nothing can describe the past days more than these words below :

“The unpredictability of life sucks. One minute you’re riding high with the wind whipping through your hair and the next minute you’re flat on your ass with a face full of gravel.” ~ Alison G. Bailey, Present Perfect  

Friday : Was told by manager that I am now offered the permanent job I am doing. Although I have a permanent job somewhere in the same government Ministry, I have been in my current job for more than 2 years. I like it, I enjoy it and sometimes I wish I am not doing it. But being told this is now my permanent position and if I will go try another job somewhere, this is the one I will come back to - gave that happy feeling. Then being told I scored perfect in the written test was icing on the cake too. Somehow it validated me. Made me realize I still can nail exams because I have something in my grey matter. It was a high.

Saturday : A full day. Picked up my long overdue shoes at the doctor's office, grocery, picked up foo and prepared our place for my birthday party with friends. There was fun, food and laughter. It was a crazy busy day and night...which eventually led to...

Sunday : Still chatting and having 2 more friends coming over. It seemed like the day would never end. Finally the friends left and time for dinner with the son and hubby. This Sunday was specially important to me that I should have some time for myself. I have a scheduled job interview the next day but I never got around to doing a review.

Monday : Interview Day. Written test came and it was a disaster. I know only half of what it was asking me to do - the other part I have no idea. Bad start. Oral interview was equally bad. Being asked examples and situations you have never been as the job is totally different from your comfort zone. It just sucked.

Four straight days and my emotions went from an all time high to the lowest of low. Mental and physical stress all together. I vowed to myself that will be the last interview I will do. There are so many other things I enjoy doing - why waste my time and energy applying for jobs and being grilled in interviews. 


“At some point, you gotta let go, and sit still, and allow contentment to come to you.”  
 Elizabeth Gilbert - Eat, Pray, Love

No comments:

Post a Comment