Friday, April 1, 2016

Now Showing : Re-runs

Between me and the hubby, he loves chick flicks and love story movies more than I do. In our latest get-away, he brought along copies of his favorite movies for reasons I certainly do not know. Thus for a few nights all he watched (actually, all we watched) were reruns.

The 1994 remake of the 1939 movie "Love Affair" and 1957's "An Affair to Remember" starring the real life couple Warren Beatty and Annette Benning. Beatty looking so handsome and Benning so regal, I wonder how hopeless romantics still cry over this "happy ever after movie".

Hubby's all time favorite "Serendipity" set in New York complete with jet setting searches and the giving up of present lovers to give fate a chance. Ahhh...what more can be romantic than this?

Finally - "The Bridges of Madison County". This is MY favorite love story. Even at the 57th time watching this movie I still cry buckets. BUT...I don't want to watch this movie with somebody else. Anybody. It is the movie I watch when I want to cry. For no reason. Watching this with another person (no matter how close to me) - just minimizes the effect. It is NOT the same. I am just wired that way. I endured though until closing credits.


So glad we also watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". After all those tear inducing movies - I really needed some humor. And some Windex.

No comments:

Post a Comment