Friday, January 8, 2016

Making Space

When the 3rd bear rejoined Pa and Ma back in their small hut, space was scarce. Double shelving, boxes, re-arranging and of course - purging became mandatory. I gave up a lot of my puzzles and books. Although it was a good exercise in choosing only the ones that I really like yet it was also bittersweet. I did not have those puzzles if I did not like them in the first place, or those books if I did not find them interesting. I learned that the best way to handle this dilemma was to face it head on. No ifs and buts. Make a decision to keep or to give away then proceed to the next one. In this exercise there is no review, no looking back.

There is still much to be done in this de-cluttering project and there are still areas I can purge some more. But for now, I am drained and exhausted.

Making space in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment