Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Quebec : Staircases

In response to a friends' suggestion/request to capture staircases - here are my first attempts. So timely for her birthday.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

 ~  * ~   ~  * ~   ~  * ~
A stair not worn hollow by footsteps is,
regarded from its own point of view,
only a boring something made of wood.

- Franz Kafka



You shall find out how salt is the taste of another man's bread, 
and how hard is the way up and down another man's stairs. 
~ Dante Alighieri



My soul can find no staircase to Heaven 
unless it be through Earth's loveliness.~ Michelangelo
 

3 comments:

  1. Em, you really have a knack of delightfully surprising your friends! Little did I know that you "noted" what seemed to be so trivial a comment that I blurted out... Thanks, Em, I like this birthday surprise ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more than welcome birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete