Sunday, March 23, 2014

Breaking Bad


After hours of NetFlix marathons, binge watching and sleeping at 4 AM - I am finally done with Breaking Bad. 62 episodes in 5 seasons. Though I am a Johnny-come-lately to the TV series which ran from 2008-2013, here are some my favorite lines from the show.
Walt (to Skyler) : I am not in danger, I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me. No. I am the one who knocks!
~ ~ ~
Walt (to Saul) : We're done when we say, we're done.
~ ~ ~

Mike : The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure, when I should have gone all the way. I’ll never make that mistake again.
~ ~ ~

Walter: It’s over. We’re safe.
Skyler: What happened?
Walter: I won.

~ ~ ~
Walt: I am not in the meth business, I am in the empire business.

~ ~ ~
Saul : There is no honor among thieves

~ ~ ~
Jane : Should we just watch one sunset? Live just one day? Smoke just one cigar? No, we do it over again because everytime is a difference experience.

~ ~ ~
Walt : What will the world be without Coca-Cola?

~ ~ ~
Walt : If that's true -- if you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly.

Thank you, creator, producer and director Vince Gilligan and BB writers for giving us the unforgettable characters of Walter White, Jesse Pinkman, Saul Goodman, Mike, Hank, Marie, Skyler, Badger, Skinny Pete, and Gus Fring. Cinematographer Michael Slovis is a genius for those eye catching montages, awesome takes of just ordinary scenes (my favorite is when Jesse was walking carrying a shovel and the camera was moving like the shovel (Season 4, episode 6). Finally, for the excellent job of Thomas Golubic for providing just the right song/background in every scene, every episode. Just impeccable.

Now a void is left on my TV screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment