Monday, May 27, 2013

The Murals of Islington

Thanks to the 2013 Doors Open Toronto, I would never have given Islington a visit. Out of 150 buildings and sites I had to choose from, I decided to take the "Islington Village Walking Tour".

A good 90 minutes spent basking in the sun yet with very chilly winds. And the best thing about going to these events alone is one gets to meet a lot of interesting people. Like my new photographer friend who turned out to be a retired physicist. And our tour guide who was a retired nuclear engineer. What a way to channel the inner artist in me. (Ha!)


Just a few of the 25 murals in the village. Most of the murals were painted by John Kuna, a local artist and also by Arts Etobicoke and Sarah Collard.


 A portion of "AFTERMATH" by John Kuna. 2011

  A Pub With No Beer by John Kuna. 2009
I love how this is below a real pub/restaurant.

Reflections. My favorite portion of the mural "Islington, The Way We Were" by John Kuna. 2006

The full mural.


 Gordon's Dairy by John Kuna. 2008


 
 Goofing by "Battersby March" by John Kuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment