Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Battle of the Blades

Put a hockey hero and a figure skating champion together, add some dancing and it got me captured. Battle of the Blades is my current Sunday and Monday night TV craze.

Battle of the Blades is a Canadian figure skating reality show and competition that airs on CBC Television. It is broadcast in front of a live studio audience from the historic Maple Leaf Gardens. A number of former NHL players are paired with prominent female figure skaters and perform routines.

I am not a big time hockey fan and I could not also skate but watching Tie Domi, Craig Simpson, and Ron Duguay figure skate is pure entertainment. Add Jamie Sale', Marie-France Dubreuil, and Barbara Underhill - what more can I ask for on Sunday nights?

Finally, something that's an original Canadian.


* * All photos from CBC website

No comments:

Post a Comment