How old is old? Incalculable.
A 12 year old girl is not old enough to have a boyfriend - but she is already old enough to take care of her younger brother. Is she old?
How old is old? Immeasurable.
Museum artifacts can be from 200 years ago. Old by today’s standards, but add another 200 years and they will still be old. Time can not determine their oldness.
How old is old? Infinity.
Take a young baby. The very minute after they are born, they become old. A day old, a month old, a year old. Old, until -- they grow old.
So, how old is old?
When one wishes to rest, to surrender, to let go, and leave everything else to the next generation…that is old. Being old is not a “how” question to be determined by numbers but a “when” question which only the mind and body can appraise.
How old am I? Ageless.
* * *
This is my entry to Cathara's birthday contest and in response to Kreez' tag. I simply cannot refuse an expectant mom.
I am also tagging the following bloggers if they are up to the challenge : Kalidadis, Ms. Blah-Blah, Amateur's View, Julito and Ms. Nortehanon.
How this works?
1) Write about the topic "How Old is Old" - at least 50 words. (Very short)
2) Your post must contain a link back to this post and Cathara's.
3) Tag at least 5 people and let them know about it.
4) Let Cathara know that you entered this contest by leaving a link of your post on her comment box.
5) Deadline is Oct. 12, 2009
What's for grabs?
$25 and ad space in several blogs and of course the fun of writing!