Thursday, September 3, 2009

Book Trip: True Evil

Greg Iles, you disappointed me on this one.

Just finished True Evil by Greg Iles and that is how I feel.

There was too much back stories; the "heroes" took too long (almost forever) to agree; too much pressure on the heroine - to be nearly unbelievable (the beauty of fiction!); and finally the ending had to drag and drag.

Nevertheless, the concept of a doctor and a lawyer in connivance kept me from putting the book down. Deliberate injection of cancer cells to a person's body, the idea intrigued me; an intricate conspiracy, so well planned - it absorbed me. The reason why I read Iles is because he comes up with such uncommon plots. Always something different everytime.

Still can be considered a decent read over-all.

No comments:

Post a Comment