Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Descendants


The Academy awards is this coming weekend and I have not seen a lot of the movies nominated.

I did not miss "The Descendants" however.

A very different George Clooney, a very different and touching movie. The general family situation with the father and the daughters are something anyone can relate. It was the situation of the dying mother which made the movie so unique.

Not all husbands will do a Clooney, I am sure - but it was the best that he can do in the situation I believe. Very well written script, haunting Hawaiian music, superb cast, and overall a beautiful movie.

A movie definitely worth recommending.

Accept what life throws at you - or maybe when life gives you lemon - make lemonade.

1 comment:

  1. Having you put this in my radar. I will watch it now. But why is it that every other movie these days has George Clooney in it? Or Ryan Gosling? What's with these two guys? Because ACNielsen says so? /bmp

    ReplyDelete