Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tennessee - Cherokee

Cherokee : Native American people formerly inhabiting the southern Appalachian Mountains from the western Carolinas and eastern Tennessee to northern Georgia, with present-day populations in northeast Oklahoma and western North Carolina.

Treading Newfound Gap Road and crossing the
Tennessee - North Carolina border, this is the Cherokee I saw.
They have a mini mall - very much just like us.

Properly marked restrooms.

A "native" Cherokee I asked to pose.

Side story : There were 2 Cherokees who would dance for a few dollars (New York style). They told me they will start their dance in 3 minutes and so I got my "tip money" ready. Three minutes passed and they still have not danced. Three to four to five minutes - no dance. Our group left. Was it my loss or theirs?


No comments:

Post a Comment