Monday, August 22, 2011

So Near - Kariya Park

Yes, I am guilty!
Guilty that we drive farther away from Toronto to enjoy nature. Thus in this series of posts I will focus on some places within Toronto worthy to be admired. No long drive required.

In the heart of booming Mississauga is Kariya Park. Officially opened in July 1992, the park honors the eleventh anniversary of the twin-city relationship between Mississauga and Kariya, Japan.
Enjoy wildlife like this painted turtle who is basking in the sun.

A favorite for wedding photography.

I found the small park beautiful but no longer tranquil as I have expected. Kids roam and play even on the areas specifically marked for meditation.

If you need some peace and quiet, I think the park can still be enjoyed but only in the early hours of the morning.

This is Part 1 of my continuing series on So Near - worthwhile places to see within Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment